S3 VOLLEYBALL PROGRAMS
A travel sand club for athletes who want to play beach volleyball as their main sport. This program focuses on building and improving skills that will equip our players to succeed at the highest levels of junior beach volleyball competition.
Attend ONE of the following tryout sessions.
$25 per session
Tryouts will be conducted at our new courts at Badger Creek Park.
Sunday, October 6th • 7:00 – 9:00pm
Sunday, October 13th • 1:30 – 3:30pm
Monday, November 4th • 6:30 – 8:30pm
Wednesday, November 6th • 6:30 – 8:30pm
YEAR-ROUND PROGRAM INCLUDES
- 7 month season: December – June
- 200+ hours of sand instruction and specialized fitness training
- Coaching at 10-12 tournaments
- Year-round gear package
Inclement weather and/or last-minute session change will be posted on S3’s Twitter feed.
Our year-round program is designed to develop the complete sand athlete from head to toe.
PHASE 1: STRENGTH
Phase 1- Strength. Our year-round season starts with building the athlete’s strength and power. Strength & Conditioning (S&C), along with Speed, Agility, Quickness (SAQ) are our workout programs, and are under the direction of specialized, top-level instructors. These programs constitute the critical, physical foundation upon which the latter stages depend. During this phase, players are also introduced to core sand concepts and strategies through drills that mimic tournament play.
PHASE 2: TRANSITION
Phase 2 – Transition. After weeks of building strength, the S&C workouts slow down a bit, as we transition toward competition. Players are now spending more time in the sand honing their skills. Game strategy and team-building become defined as the players now enter and compete in tournaments. During this phase, SAQ is ramped up to advance mobility and agility in the sand.
PHASE 3: COMPETITION
Phase 3- Competition. This is where players reap the benefits from all their hard work in the previous two phases. Phase 3 is all about competing at the highest level. Though players have been competing in tournaments during phases 1 and 2, in this final phase the competition and game play really take center stage. This coincides with all of the beach volleyball organizations now hosting their best tournaments with all of the national bids at stake. Players will now be perfecting individual and team skills in the sand.
Fall Ball provides a way for experienced sand volleyball athletes to continue training during the off season. Fall Ball also provides instruction for proper sand techniques to indoor athletes who are interested in pursuing sand volleyball for the upcoming club season.
The Fall Ball program works around the school volleyball season to allow athletes to play on their school teams.
Athletes 12 – 18 years old with at least one of the following volleyball experience:
– 1+ season of sand volleyball
– 2+ season on an indoor travel club team
– 2+ season of school volleyball
$250 • FULL PROGRAM
10 training sessions
Sundays @ RallyVB
Wednesdays @ Badger Creek Park
Sundays & Wednesdays @ Badger Creek Park
$150 • SUNDAYs ONLY
5 training sessions
RallyVB or Badger Creek Park
Fall Ball has a minimum player registration for each location. If the registration numbers are below the minimum requirements, players may be asked to switch locations.
– Inclement weather and/or last-minute session changes will be posted on S3’s Twitter feed.
A sand program for athletes who want to play beach volleyball during the summer months. Available to athletes 12-18 yrs old, preferably with 1+ season of volleyball experience. This program is ideal for athletes who want to try sand volleyball or have other summer commitments.
WANTING TO TRY SAND VOLLEYBALL?
Players who are not sure they want to commit to sand volleyball may attend ONE training day for $40.
- Players under the age of 12 will be evaluated at the first practice session to determine acceptance into the Summer program.
- Acceptance will be based on the number of players with compatible skills.
- Under 12 teams must be capable of competing at a 14U level for any tournament play.
- Males may participate in our Summer Sessions with or without a pre-set male partner.
- Males must provide a male partner for any tournament play.
- Partner may be a player outside S3’s program.
- Males under the age of 12 will also follow the under 12 guidelines.
- 12 two-hour TRAININGS
- COACHING available at select local tournaments
- No TRYOUTs or evaluation required
- No PARTNER needed to participate
- 2 S3 T-SHIRTS or TANKTOPS
Cost for Program
Summer Program: June 8th thru Mid-July
Mondays & Wednesdays @ Rally from 6:00-8:00pm
Mondays & Wednesdays @ Badger Creek 4:00-6:00pm
– Inclement weather and/or last-minute session change will be posted on S3’s Twitter feed.